2008年5月2日金曜日

Introduction, Writing Essay 1

Hi. I’m Misa. I’m 18 and a freshman at KGU. I’m majoring in English. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I live with my parents and older sister. Do you have any pets? If you do, what kind of animals do you have? We don’t have any pets. What do you do? My dad works for NTT Docomo which is a cell phone company. He loves to play golf and often goes golfing on the weekend. My mom works for a nursing home. She loves to do patchwork, and many of her works adorn our home. She also loves to bake bread, and we love her bread fresh from the oven. My sister is 20 and works at a Japanese restaurant. She loves shopping and driving, and she is like my best friend. We share our clothes, and we often go shopping in her beloved station wagon. What do you like to do?

I love music, especially punk rock music and shopping. I often go to Fukuoka to go to concerts and to shop. It takes about 2 hours to Fukuoka by bus. I also love to decorate my nails. I draw something with a tiny brush and sometimes make 3D art with special goods. My favorite shop is in Kumamoto, and they have many kinds of nail things like pierced nails. I like shopping there and have pierced nails that go with each holiday such as Christmas or Halloween.

What do you do on the weekend? I often go downtown to go shopping, or have lunch or dinner with my friends. I sometimes make cards or scrap books on the weekend. I go to English conversation school 3 times a week. All the teachers and students are really nice, and I love to talk with them in English. They often have parties, and many Japanese and foreigners come to party. It’s fun to talk to many people there.

What is the weather like over there? What is popular in your city? My city is named Kumamoto. It’s in southern Japan. Kumamoto is famous for good water, hot springs, and lots of greenery. The most famous mountain is Mt. Aso. It has the biggest caldera in the world. There is a botanical garden, a zoo, and Lake Ezu near my house. It’s really good to walk around on a nice day. You can see beautiful cherry blossoms in the street during spring time. I always have a party under the cherry blossoms with my friends. I live in a really beautiful city. Are you interested in Japan? Have you ever been to Japan before? If you have, which parts of Japan did you visit? If you haven’t, what is your stereotype about Japan? When I stay at your home, I would like to tell you a lot of things about Japanese culture, lifestyle, environment, and language. I also want to learn a lot of things about your country. I would be so glad if we share our culture and learn many things about each other.

I love talking and making new friends. While I stay over there, I want to chat with you, make a lot of friends, and try everything. I hope we can have a lot of fun together. If I have a chance, I would also like to go to a concert. Do you have any food allergies? I want to cook some Japanese food for you. Is there anything else that I should know about your family? I want to have an enjoyable stay. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I’m really looking forward to seeing you.

0 件のコメント: